Tuesday 3 April 2012

Has the course been beneficial?

So, what have I managed to learn during the first half of the course?  I have found that there is an enormous amount of information regarding online learning and assessment.  Sites such as Hot Potatoes and Moodle have broadened my horizons as far as sharing tests and other forms of assessment go.  I have used the Forms section of Google Docs to create tests for my class.

The automated assessment segment was very interesting.  I was first exposed to this form of assessment when I wrote some Microsoft MCSE exams.  Amazing but scary at the same time!

I also enjoyed the readings about authentic learning.  This is particularly important when you create learning material online.  Your students need to know that you have not contrived the lesson or assessment just for the sake of being online.

Let's hope all the information I have soaked up will assist me with my research project later this year.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for such profound blogs. I wish you all the best for your exams.

    ReplyDelete